Monday, October 13, 2008

Prop 102 RS Lesson

Yesterday I was asked to give a lesson in Relief Society on Prop 102, the AZ Marriage amendment. Everyone said it went well and I don't mention it for that reason. I mention it because I studied and studied and Sunday morning I had no idea what I was going to say. I said a prayer Sunday morning and then came home Sunday during Sunday school to get myself together and still my mind was blank. The only thing that came to my mind was "when ye are prepared ye shall not fear." I stepped up to podium and began speaking still not knowing what I was going to say. I made a comment about the proclamation and the ball began to roll. There were so many comments and it flowed. We had so much more we could have talked about-we could have gone on another hour. I was grateful my pray was answered, I just needed faith!

4 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Good job Gwen. I wish I was there to here what you had to say. I was driving to church yesterday morning and there is a big Baptist church with a big Yes on prop 102 on there front lawn and more on there property. I was good to see. Also on TV yesterday many commericals to vote yes on 102.

Cindy said...

Glad to hear it went well. We're down to 3 weeks!

Trevor and Lauren said...

Excellent. With the Lord, anything is possible (I guess its remembering that that is the trick). I wish I could have heard your lesson. I am proud of you.
And thank you for posting this.

Lisa Tucker said...

Love the front door!