Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a Sunday!!

Yeah!! It's over! Bob and I had to talk in church today and then I had to teach Relief Society! Glad we made it through but I had such a headache. My talk was on Elder Christofferson's talk "Born Again". I used his quote from John 3:3-5 and talked about how many of us are born of the water in our baptism but are not always born of the spirit. I talked about leaving BYU my sophmore year to come home and figure out if I believed in this church. I called my grandparents and asked if I could come live with them. I told no one what I was doing, but felt I needed time to study the gospel and find out if it was true. Before I left, my roommate, Suzi Stone and I were invited to go to conference with her parents Ronald and Patricia Stone (Elder Christofferson's mission president he mentions in the talk). Her dad told us where to park in the church office building and as the elevators opened in the parking garage, President and Sister Kimball were standing there. They invited us in--saying "come on in, girls". We got in the elevator and rode up the 25th floor of the church office building. There the general authorities and their family were eating lunch in a beautiful setting. I still can see it in my mind. I remember thinking how normal it all was. But I also remember feeling that I didn't know like they knew and I needed to know. The spirit was strong and I felt good but I knew I needed to stand on my own feet and bear testimony as they did. I went home and found my testimony and the rest is history!
My lesson in RS was on Revelation. It was fun. I was covering for a friend that went out of town. I wouldn't recommend doing both in 1 day but I lived through it!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow. Too much in one day. Glad it all went well for you. I'm sure you did a fabulous job on both.

Lisa Tucker said...

Yes we did go it. I feel asleep around 9:30 and when I woke up to get ready for work I felt like I had not slept at all. Yes I was a Sunday. I great Sunday. I learned so much! I love it!