Sunday, August 17, 2008

JR Price comes to life again

Today after Sacrament meeting in Pleasant View 3rd ward, Provo, UT, this women, Sister Smoot came up to me and if I was LaRita's daughter in law from AZ. I told her I was and she began to ask questions about the new temple going up in Phoenix. I told her we didn't know much and she began telling me how she had lived there years ago. She talked about our Central Ward building, how it was built and telling the same story Grandpa Dana had told me many times before.
Apparently one of the leaders, (maybe JR Price) came into their priesthood meeting and told them their were 10 lots surrounding the church and they weren't leaving the meeting until all 10 lots had been purchased. Grandpa bought one and they were all sold before everyone left. She went on to tell me that her father served as JR Price's executive secretary when he was the Phoenix Stake President. Now who is this JR Price some of you ask? He is Trevor's great grandfather. He is also a man I heard about my entire life. My grandparents loved him very much. He was mission president in the Eastern Stake Mission (Grandpa Dana, Uncle George, Uncle Joe and Uncle Doug's mission). I believe Grandpa served on his high council, then followed him a few years later as the Stake President. I had always heard his name in the highest regard.
When we found out he was Trevor's great grandfather, I was so pleased to know that Grandpa would be absolutely thrilled to have that connection in his family line.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Yay I can read your blog!!!! Thank You! Does Keifer have a facebook? If he does, can you tell him to add me as a friend?

Cindy said...

Wow, that is really cool!

Trevor and Lauren said...

What a crazy story?! We have some great people that came before us. Just reading about it makes me tear up. Thank you for posting it.
Love you