Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Bee Sting!!!

I have been told my entire life that I am allergic to bees. While we were at the lake celebrating Kirk's birthday, I suddenly felt a pinch as I leaned back in my chair. I quickly came forward and had Keifer check my back and sure enough, I had a bee stuck there. Ofcourse, Kirk and I began to panic because we were always told I was allergic. The real story is apparently when I was about 1 I got into a beehive. I was stung so many times that the doctors told my mom that they didn't know what would happen to me if I was stung again. So for 49 years I've avoided the dreaded bee sting until Saturday. We put ice on it immediately and checked for stinger-- No stinger. It hurt just a little and by later in the evening, swelling went down. The only side effect I had was I felt kinda bad. Not terrible, just not good.......and now we know I'm OK if I get stung by the dreaded bee! How wonderful!

1 comment:

Trevor and Lauren said...

YAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I am assuming that you are ok. Where did you get stung?